As the days grow shorter and the air turns crisper, November brings with it a spirit of giving and gratitude. From food drives to showing shelter pets some love, this month offers numerous opportunities to lend a helping hand and spread kindness within our community! Ignite your holiday spirit with these various ways to get involved and give back during this season of generosity.
The Real Estate Group is a proud supporter of Edmarc, a family-centered home health and hospice support non-profit for children with life-threatening illnesses. Whether you can contribute time, toys, or a monetary donation, there are plenty of ways you can support a family in need this holiday season.
- Amazon Donation: Order a donation straight from Edmarc’s Amazon wishlist.
- Make a Monetary Donation: Visit their website today to make a monthly or one time monetary donation
- Volunteer Your Time: Edmarc has a variety of events and opportunities for volunteers of all ages to get involved.
- Social Media: Show your support by liking, following, and sharing from Edmarc’s social media platforms.
The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore has been working hard over the last 40 years to provide over 350 million meals to those who need it in Hampton Roads. Be a part of the mission this giving season!
- Give to the Mayflower Marathon: Join in the 27th Annual Mayflower Marathon food and fund drive!
- Make a Monetary Donation: With just a $10 donation, Foodbank is able to purchase up to $60 worth of food to those in need!
Give shelter pets a little extra love this month by supporting the Virginia Beach Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
- Amazon Wishlist: Gift shelter pets with a toy or help supply fresh bedding or food to an animal in need.
- Make a Monetary Donation: 85% of every donation goes directly to shelter care, clinic services, and humane education programs!
- Volunteer Your Time: By giving just 3 hours a month, you can help walk dogs, feed cats, and more!
- Adopt a Pet: Ready for a lifetime commitment? Give the best gift to a shelter animal this month by giving them a home!
The opportunities mentioned above are just the tip of the iceberg of the many incredible nonprofits and organizations around the Eastern Shore that can benefit from a few extra helping hands. Whether it’s serving at a local shelter, donating to a charitable cause, or participating in community events, the act of giving enriches our lives and strengthens the bonds within our communities. So, let’s carry this spirit of generosity beyond November and make a positive, lasting impact on those in need.
I hope you and your loved ones enjoy a safe, happy, and heartwarming holiday season!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world: indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” -Margaret Mead